Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
What a place. It was only my second trip there and I stand amazed at the sheer number of people and the general intensity of every aspect of life. It was pretty freaking sweet. I trawled through Fifth Ave....and drooled a lot over the simply glorious amount of clothing. Anthropology, Free People, Juicy Couture....oh dang oh dang oh dang....so many places to spend the money I do not have.
Alright, so the reason I went to New York was not to empty my wallet (or my bank account). The reason I went was for a photography project for one of my classes. It was a blast and a half.
One thing that I have learned from this class:
This is not the best photo, but I loved it because it struck a chord for us bass players everywhere!
Can you say PINK BIKE!!!! HECK YES!!!!
Myself by the Metro elevator.Myself standing before the city bustle. It had been raining and my hair is no longer straight, but I am still a pretty darn good looking person. We're set!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Why are needles so addictive? I mean, I know why scientifically...but whatever possesses us to think that sticking a needle through our skin might actually be a good idea? *shrugs*
Ten Awesome Names I Have Given Animals
1. Norma Jean (beta fish)
2. Jemima (beige rat)
3. Chuck (beta fish)
4. Cyrus (snake)
5. Prometheus (tarantula)
6. Hermes (siamese cat)
7. Delia (beta fish)
8. Stanley (beta fish)
9. Roger (mouse)
10. Melissa (turtle)
Seven Stupid Names Other People Have Given Animals
1. Buddy (i have wittnessed this name on three hamsters and four dogs)
2. Buster (again, two dogs and a cat)
3. Bruiser (dog, what does that even mean?)
4. Fluffy (i actually know a cat which bears this label)
5. Cleo 1-9 (my sister's nine goldfish...they all had the same name)
6. Blackie, Whitie, and Brownie (three hamsters. guess what colors they were)
7. Cocoa (a chocolate lab...that's original)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
It seems that I have proven to be quite photogenic.
My friend dragged me through the snowy forest to the cemetary the other day in order to take approximately two hundred photos of me. It was severely exhausting. I then spent three hours editing them to make them look good.
1. Thermostat--needs to be turned up. It is frigid in here.
2. Easel--I think I spelled that wrong.
3. Pen--just blew up on my hands. Ew.
4. Geese--are noisy.
5. Coke--Is not Chinese.
6. Hobos--I rather want to be one.
7. Grilled Cheese Sandwhich--Is delicious.
8. Blink 182--....drool.
9. Yellow--Is beautiful.
10. Kangaroo--makes really soft leather.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
1. They are trying to figure out if Hollister EVER hires ugly people/if Hollister would really fire you if you gained five pounds.
2 They are looking at all your labels to see if you are wearing anything that did NOT come from Hollister.
3. They are wondering if what you are wearing would look good on them.
I can't really say that I mind being looked at. PLUS I get a pretty sweet employee discount.
However, none of the guys who work there are good enough for me. SAD DAY!
Other unfortunate jobs I have had:
1. Terrible Tyler's Babysitter (Every Thursday evening and often Saturdays all day. This gig came complete with a turtle named Snappy)
2. I had my own business selling knit hats and scarves as well as quilted bags. (HA! Bet you never guessed that I could quilt, did you!)
3. Vacuuming out cars (GROSS JOB!!! You never know what you will find under someone's seats. UGH!!!!!)
4. My great-grandmother was in private business until the day she died. She used to hire me to answer her phone and make dinner while she took a nap.
5. Dishwasher at Cafe Mantra. (My friend who got to actually make sandwiches and coffee paid me a quarter every time I shouted "tips are good karma" at a customer. I could only do this when my manager was not paying attention.)
6. Artwork commissions. I've done this a few times. boring.
and the best one
7. Farm Girl. Yeah--I worked for my grand-dad. Fed the cows and shoveled...poop.
Monday, March 2, 2009
1. There are no boys on this college campus who are good enough for me.
2. There are four boys just in this class who are in desperate need of a hair cut.
3. The system puts junk mail in my box far too often. This is irritating beyond imagination because I get excited over "mail" when usually it is just a reminder that the bookstore is having a sale on greeting cards.
4. Wool coats seem to have a way of attracting golden retrievers and attaching to their fur. It's worse than burdocks.
5. Scantron quizzes are better than any other kind based on three things: 1) They are always T/F or multiple choice. 2) They are easy to guess on. 3) The profs grade them quickly.
6. The girl in front of me looks really pale in green.
7. She recently dyed her hair darker brown and I really don't feel that it looks wonderful on her.
8. I think that I am allergic to the third earring in my left ear.
9. There is old gum stuck under my desk and it's kind of grossing me out.
10. My green Roxy hoodie (which I am wearing) has milk on the sleeve and needs to be washed. Unfortunate, right? Laundry here costs an arm and a leg!
11. My Nalgene bottle is BPA free!
12. Keagan is sitting next to me.
13. Keagan is wearing a blue shirt.
14. Keagan is trying to grow facial hair.
15. Keagan is proving unsuccessful.
16. My pink nail polish from two weeks ago is almost completely gone.
17. It really bothers me when people swear for no reason. I swear to be funny or to make a point and only around certain people. Swearing for no reason is just sound pollution.
18. I have eaten nothing but fruit and milk all day.
19. My prof talks about sex way too much. Some of us are trying to keep clean minds here, dude. We don't want to hear it.
20. My great-aunt sent me a box full of chocolate chips and peppermints. I am not sure if there was supposed to be significance to this or not.
21. The dean of women wants have a chat with me tomorrow....(Perhaps this is more of a mis-observation because I can't figure out what I did wrong!)
22. There is a chunk missing out of the side of the black board. It makes me wonder how it happened. Was my prof throwing things around or did he get hungry...? Great mystery of the world, right.
23. White walls put me to sleep.
24. Ryan (two seats over from me) has very nice arms. He should wear short sleeves more often.
25. The green-shirt-girl's earrings are all spaced exactly the same distance apart. This is not appealing to my eyes. That's what she gets for having them done by a professional instead of an artist.
26. White snow puts me to sleep.
27. I stopped listening to my prof when he started talking about sex...again.
28. The guy across the room from me is actually more beautiful than a lot of girls I know. For real, he is measureably beautiful. He has massive, thick amounts of dark, durly hair, piercing brown eyes with insanely long, thick lashes, lips that look like michaelangelo sculpted them, daaang and his legs....don't even get me started. He has nice arms too, by the way. It's sad that so much beauty is wasted on a boy.