I have just started working as a model at my local Hollister Co. Not gonna lie--when you work the floor at Hollister, people look at you. This is for several reasons.
1. They are trying to figure out if Hollister EVER hires ugly people/if Hollister would really fire you if you gained five pounds.
2 They are looking at all your labels to see if you are wearing anything that did NOT come from Hollister.
3. They are wondering if what you are wearing would look good on them.
I can't really say that I mind being looked at. PLUS I get a pretty sweet employee discount.
However, none of the guys who work there are good enough for me. SAD DAY!
Other unfortunate jobs I have had:
1. Terrible Tyler's Babysitter (Every Thursday evening and often Saturdays all day. This gig came complete with a turtle named Snappy)
2. I had my own business selling knit hats and scarves as well as quilted bags. (HA! Bet you never guessed that I could quilt, did you!)
3. Vacuuming out cars (GROSS JOB!!! You never know what you will find under someone's seats. UGH!!!!!)
4. My great-grandmother was in private business until the day she died. She used to hire me to answer her phone and make dinner while she took a nap.
5. Dishwasher at Cafe Mantra. (My friend who got to actually make sandwiches and coffee paid me a quarter every time I shouted "tips are good karma" at a customer. I could only do this when my manager was not paying attention.)
6. Artwork commissions. I've done this a few times. boring.
and the best one
7. Farm Girl. Yeah--I worked for my grand-dad. Fed the cows and shoveled...poop.